Monday, January 18, 2010

Your personal Scripture

I am curious, what Scripture do you claim as yours? By this I mean, when you read it, it speaks directly to your heart, to the person you are.

It was many years ago while reading the book of Timothy I came a crossed this Scripture:

1 Timothy 1:15-16 (NIV)

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

This is me, as I know I have received more than my share of Christ's patience.

What Scripture speaks out to you and why?

Thank you for sharing! :)

1 comment:

Travis said...

Deuteronomy 30:19-20a
19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.

This verse has been a verse that has spoken to me for a long time and I'm still learning to choose life.