Saturday, May 26, 2012

A refreshing of the season of prayer.

It was April 15th, 2012 that the Lord encouraged me to commit to a 21 day Daniel fast.  I had been seeing God moving and working in, about and through me so much, I wanted to draw closer to ensure I wasn't going to miss anything.  I didn't want the distractions of this world, even food, to take my focus.


That night when I was in bed trying to sleep the word "prayer" was embedded into my heart.  As I woke the next morning the word "prayer" was still very much there.


As I began my morning rituals, I checked a couple of posts on the Severn Covenant Facebook page and saw a post about a book called: The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson, which is a book about prayer.  The more I learned about the book, the more I knew it was meant for me.  I found it on iTunes for 3 bucks and downloaded it.  As I began reading this book it resonated with where God had me, all things prayer.


It wasn't two days later, as I met with a pastor from a local church, as soon as I began to tell him about what the word of "prayer" from God and began mentioned a book, the pastor cut me off and said: "The Circle Maker" it will change your prayer life!


Only God can orchestrate such things in our life if we let Him.


It was last March I believe, as I'm walking my dog Molly, 


I was feeling very grateful and thankful to the Lord for all His many blessings.  It was like we were having this two way conversation, the Lord and I.  


I asked Him this question:  
"How many people actually have a two way conversation with You?"


The Lord's response was immediate and powerful.  I was immediately brought to tears and He said:  "Not enough"


The Lord showed me just the smallest fraction of His heart that day, anymore and the grief would have killed me I have no doubt.


What is prayer anyhow?  Simply a conversation between you and the Lord.


Prayer is something we are supposed to do all the time:


"pray continually" 1 Thessalonians 5:17 
"in everything by prayer and petition"  Philippians 4:6-7
"pray in the Spirit on all occasions" Ephesians 6:18


Prayer is mentions in 43 books of the Bible in the NASB version, and in 362 verses, from Genesis to Revelations.


In any relationship, communication is vitally important to the health of that relationship, and it is no different in our relationship with Christ.


Our Lord desires a relationship that has depth, intimacy, trust, and open communication.  A relationship between you and He where there is conversation and listening.  


Romans 8:26-27 (NASB)

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Meet with your Lord today and see what He has to say!

In His Service,
Jim

No comments: