Friday, September 14, 2012

"My peace..."

As I sit here, in life, not just my chair, I am really struggling with my son, Justin, going over to the middle east.  He has gone several times before, however this is the longest time he will spend over there and with the state of unrest in the middle east towards the United States, I am
not happy at all.


So while I am processing this and taking it to the Lord, John 14:27, which speaks to Christ giving us His peace, comes to mind.

John 14:27 (KJV)
Why is it so hard to accept the peace of the Lord, when He freely gives it?
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I really try not to take just one or two pieces of Scripture, but the whole chapter into understanding.

What an amazing chapter John 14 is.

Starting with verse one:

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."

Oh, let me tell you my heart is troubled.  But then I read "believe in God, believe also in me," and I have to say, Lord, forgive my unbelief which makes me think of the Scripture Mark 9:24:

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

Why is it so easy to let the world encroach upon my heart and weigh me down?

When struggling so with worldly issues and issues of the heart, I know only one thing to do.

Take them to the Lord.  He has been ever faithful in helping me work through all issues pertaining to my life.

Prayer and soaking in the Word of the Lord is where I will find His peace, for He is faithful and sufficient.


1 comment:

Jim Shiloh said...

So here I am the day after. My wonderful in-laws took Christy and myself out to the BSO last night. It was really perfect timing. The orchestra was wonderfully diverse in their music and such talent!

I woke this morning with peace. Yes, there is some concern, however underlying everything, there is peace.

I believe there is going to need to be intentionality in the daily accepting of this peace, as the world will not stop it's assault on my daily life and trying to steal my joy, which I am to have always.

We serve a mighty and awesome Lord! Awesome! <3