Saturday, October 11, 2014

The war between...

We read about them all the time.


The wars that are going on in the countries around us.

We read little to nothing about the real war that is happening.

It is the war that is happening on our own soil.  The soil of our heart.

We may even realize it from time to time.  

I am talking about the war between our flesh and spirit, and it is not our
backyard, but the very condition of our heart.  (Read Matthew 13:1-23 for more)

Galatians 5:17

For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 

I say we, only in an attempt to make myself feel better, as I'm really talking about myself.

The more I try and pull back from the world, mostly via technology, but food is a biggie in this battle as well; the more I find the world just pushes all the harder right back and pulls and tempts in all the right ways and at all the right moments.

This is the war I am talking about.  This is the battle to which we all need to keep attuned to.

The reason is this; we are told to store up treasures in heaven and not on earth.  So that is where our focus must stay, even if this world bares all it has against our flesh, we stay focused on treasures in heaven.  The true treasure is Christ our King, make no mistake.  To be able to spend an eternity with Him, compares to nothing else.  We are given a description of heaven, but still, without Christ, heaven would be nothing but beautiful material things.

It is Jesus Christ who gave His life for all and it is Jesus Christ and His wonderful gift of grace that gives us hope.

The world would have us keep our focus on us and our flesh, but we need to be intentional about keeping the eyes of our soul focused on Christ and His plans and purpose here on earth to the glory of the kingdom of God.  

This is so much larger than me and it is going to take the power of God to complete the work He has started in me.

I have said it before and I will say it again:  the first scripture the Lord gave me was 1 Timothy 1:15-16, and it is true, I am the worst, however;

Philippians 1: 6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Jesus Christ is faithful and it is in Him I trust, not my sight and not my emotions.

I do love you all.

Jim

No comments: